Insurance & Payment
Paying for therapy should not be confusing. Here is the information you need to know.
Like most private practitioners in the NY/NJ area the doctors of the SageMind Psychology are out-of-network providers. That means we do not accept insurance directly. However, we make the reimbursement process as simple as possible by providing all the necessary paperwork, including receipts and diagnosis codes, in a timely fashion.
Payment is easy.
We accept all major credit cards including credit, debit, HSA and FSA cards. To make payment easy, we use our client portal to collect payment. Our client portal is HIPAA-secure, PCI protected, and keeps your information confidential. For intake appointments payment is due upon booking in order to secure your appointment time. For individual sessions payment will be due on the day of your session.
- Payment is made by you at the time of service via credit card, health spending, or flexible spending account on our safe and secure client portal
- You will emailed a monthly statement, which contains all the information needed to submit claims for reimbursement of out-of-network benefits
- You can log on to the client portal at any time to download your statement, should you wish to submit claims on a weekly basis
Reimbursement is common.
It is our experience that most patients are reimbursed for 50 to 80% for the cost of their sessions if they have out-of-network mental health coverage. It is helpful to call individual insurance providers to determine level of coverage in advance. Most are pleasantly surprised.
We recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Are the following Services Covered? (Current Procedural Terminology codes, are how medical professionals document and report medical intervention and evaluations)
- Intake Appointment: CPT Code, 90791
- Individual Sessions: CPT Code, 90834
- Parent Sessions: CPT Code, 90846
- Group therapy: CPT Code, 90853
You have options.
Session fees vary based on the level of education and experience of your therapist and are generally between $150-$300/session for individual therapy and $200-$400/session for couples therapy prior to reimbursement.
As a result of our robust training program, we are able to offer lower cost sessions, when available, with our supervised postdoctoral fellow and clinical interns.
Your investment and commitment is valued.
We recognize that therapy is an investment. The time and money you devote is no small amount. Out of respect for your commitment to bettering your life, we take our work seriously and hold ourselves to an exceedingly high standard.
We are happy to help.
Please contact our director for any additional questions you may have. We understand that this process may seem overwhelming and we are happy to walk you through it. We look forward to hearing from you!