Through a secure platform, you can talk and interact your therapist just as you would if it was an in-person session. Teletherapy sessions are identical to face-to-face sessions, except, instead of in person, you’re on a two-way video call. There has been a substantial research on teletherapy as it continues to grow as a an important venue for therapy. Research has found very few differences between telepractice and traditional in-person therapy.
What do I need for teletherapy?
If you have a computer, a microphone, and a camera (which most computers/laptops have automatically now), you’re set! You’ll also need a strong internet connection. As long as you have those items, you can benefit from a teletherapy sessions.
What are the benefits of teletherapy?
- Convenience! You don’t have to leave your home, you don’t have to feel like you need to clean up for a clinician to visit your home, and you don’t even have to put on shoes if you don’t want to.
- Comfort Level: You might feel more comfortable on screen versus going into an office building.
- Access to our expert clinicians. SageMind Psychology provides access to cutting edge treatment approaches that may not be available to you if you live far from our practice. Teletherapy can connect you with our highly qualified therapists.
- Guaranteed social distancing. With our recent worldwide health concerns due to COVID-19, teletherapy has become a popular and highly successful service delivery model that keeps everyone safe!
- Fewer cancelled sessions due to sickness, scheduling difficulties, and transportation concerns.
- You deserve the best therapists. Teletherapy enables our therapists and clients to stay safe and healthy so that we can continue to provide high quality treatment to you.